Saturday, December 19, 2009

Yerka Inspired Animation

So im beginning my new animation project, that im hoping i can sometime during the semester.

The idea is based off of my favorite painting by my favorite painter Jacek Yerka


"The Walking Lesson"
Jacek Yerka, 2005



I plan on making two of these creatures battling each other like rams
the alarm bells on its head will be their substitute for horns

TO CLARIFY:
YERKA'S CREATURE IS THE EXACT CREATURE IN MY ANIMATION

I think its really cool how rams fight each other, its very elaborate, almost unanimal like. They stand on there hind legs and almost do a dance before charging in for a split second bonecrunching impact (which you can see the sheer power of it by seeing the aftershock go through the whole rams body), and then like gentlemen they walk back and do it again. It's like 17th century gentlemen duels.

No comments: